Echoing almost everyone I know, how the hell can it be June already?
Anyway, this past week was lovely, mainly because it was my and the Book God’s wedding anniversary and we celebrated by having a wonderful lunch at the Cinnamon Club. This restaurant used to be the Westminster Public Library which the BG used back in the day, and it still has books shelved around the walls. It’s very tempting to pull out a volume and start reading, but I didn’t. Maybe next time.
Other than that life has mostly been about chores and reading. So here are the dazzling details…..
- Foreign Bodies by Cynthia Ozick – her take on Henry James’ The Ambassadors this was well worth reading.
- An Excess Male by Maggie Shen King
- The Freeze Frame Revolution by Peter Watts
- The Croning by Laird Barron
- The Sale of the Late King’s Goods – I must finish this soon because I have lots of things to say about Charles I & Charles II
- The Hothouse by the East River – my next Muriel Spark read; I recently posted my Phase 2 review which you can read here
- All That Remains: A Life in Death – my first book for Twenty Books of Summer; logo for the challenge is above and you read my proposed list here
Hope everyone has a great reading week!