How did it get to be almost the middle of February already? This will be a round-up for the past couple of weeks; I missed last week because I had the cold from hell and was sofa-bound for a few days.
Week of 30 January :-
- It was my birthday on 31 January. I am now 55 and celebrated by going to see Donny Osmond in concert in London. I have been in love with him since I was 11 and had never seen him live before. It was awesome
- Generous presents from the Book God et al. Round-up of the book portion can be found here
- I saw A Monster Calls at the cinema. I haven’t reviewed the book yet but I finished it waiting for a train to Manchester and found myself crying on the concourse. I spent the last 25 minutes of the film in tears
Week of 5 February:-
- Quite a successful reading week. Managed to finish (but have not yet reviewed)
- The Litany of Earth, a short story by Ruthanna Emrys which is wonderfully Lovecraftian and I have now pre-ordered her novel set in the same universe
- Nod by Adrian Barnes – insomnia triggered dystopia set in Vancouver. Grim and gripping.
- Knocked Out Loaded by Michael Jantze – graphic novel using the characters from The Norm, one of my favourite comic strips.
- New books coming into the Bride’s library (noting that I am on a no spend this month so with one exception these are all pre-orders)
- Reading The Annihilation Score by Charles Stross because I love the Laundry series
- Watching Legion – it is amazing and I think we’re only a week behind the US which is cool (unlike Agents of Shield which has only just started over here and I have to avoid spoilers crazy)
- Listening to podcasts at every available opportunity. And Donny of course 😀
- On target for my reading goals this year; so far at least.
Have a great week!